We had a busy weekend to round out September. A couple of guys from Homewood came up to check out Lipscomb and hang out with our family.

Bret and Heath drove up after the high school football game. Heath actually had just won Homecoming King. We decided to throw him a party when they finally arrived.

Wow, it was fun having everybody home - Lib, Wade and I miss those times together.
There are many things I enjoy about Nashville. I love that there is always something fun to do. We hit up the Opry the last Saturday night I was in town. As always, it was a great show.

Libby, Wade and I outside the Grand Ole Opry House.

We stopped for a quick picture with Minnie Pearl. She holds a special place in my heart... since I have a tendency to leave tags on articles of clothing (my friends know I love returning!:).

The Opry Square Dancers.
We always enjoyed clogging growing up. This group is incredible, you can see how fast they're moving in this picture. There is actually a guy from our high school who made to this elite level. He used to perform at half-time of our basketball games.

Keith Urban was on the schedule for the night.
He is a phenomenal performer. So much fun to watch. He played "Raining on Sunday," "You Look Good in My Shirt" and a couple other of our favorites.


It was Marty Stuart's birthday.
Dierks Bentley even made a surprise appearance.

September was an exciting month. I cherished the time I was able to share with my family. The fun doesn't stop here though, many exciting Birmingham adventures to come!
1 comment:
Looks like lots of fun...gotta love the opry
Post a Comment