Our combined Young Marrieds CORE groups hosted the Sonshiners for a Christmas dinner last week. The Sonshiners represent "the more experienced" members of our congregation.
We served them a hot meal, sang Christmas carols and enjoyed getting to know them better.

A picture of the lovely group that came out, despite the winter weather.

Bret did a great job leading the Christmas songs. He even did an improv rendition of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." He allowed the audience to make up new phrases for the cheesy echos (ie: like a light bulb, like Monopoly, etc.). Based solely on our guests' input, one by one the phrases surprisingly became Alabama football related. The end result was a creative twist on the old song incorporating elephants, Big Al, the Iron Bowl, 36-0, Roll Tide, and others. The Alabama fans in our group were loving it, the Auburn fans... not so much.

Here are some of our guests:



Some of the crew that helped out:




One of the best things was the gift we shared with them at the end. Earlier in the evening I took this group shot of everyone. Some girls worked during the dinner to get it printed off and put in frames to share. Our guests were amazed by the advances in modern technology.
Thanks to Hal and Maghan for the great idea and for helping to organize this wonderful event. It was a huge success.

We got home and I realized I didn't take a single picture of us the entire night. So here's our goofy selves saying great job on a fabulous night of inter-generational fun.
2 comments:
Yea I heard about that Song... I am not to happy about it either !! How about some love for us Auburn Folks !!!
How sweet!
Post a Comment